Indian Head Massage With Reiki
Indian head massage is a tradition passed from generation to generation by women in India dating back to Ayurvedic texts from over 4,000 years ago. In the beginning each treatment was restricted to the head and hair.
Modern techniques now include a gentle massage to neck, shoulders, upper arms and face. From ancient times to present day herbs, spices and oils are used as an Important medical function. In India today the massage of infants and children is given weekly to maintain good health.
It's effect is not just physical; it also works on an emotional level by calming the spirit, promoting relaxation and relieving stress. It also enables the individual to get in touch with the healing potential within to enable their own well-being.
This technique combines traditional Indian head massage with the healing power of Reiki making this a physically and spiritually rebalancing and relaxing treatment.
What are the benefits?
How does it work?
* Promotes relaxation and well-being
* Improves quality of sleep
* Alleviation of stress, anxiety, lethargy and mild depression
* Increases the supply of fresh oxygen and glucose to the brain
* Deeper, calmer breathing
* Increases general circulation
* Strengthened immune system
* Greater self awareness, leading to healthier lifestyle
* Increased self esteem and self worth
* Improved lymphatic drainage
* Stimulation of sensory nerve endings producing a feeling of exhilaration
* Can help to relieve tension headaches, aches and pains
* Improves blood flow to the brain, improving concentration
* Increased energy levels
* Greater creativity, clarity of thought and concentration
*Relief from pain and stiffness in the muscles of the face, scalp, neck, upper back and shoulders
* Helps with removing accumulated toxins and oedema
* Relief from headaches, eyestrain, nasal congestion and aching jaws
* Relieves hair loss, premature balding and greying by stimulating the circulation to the hair follicles encouraging hair growth
* Overall wellness and good health, balance and harmony
* Balancing the mind and emotions
Indian Head Massage is especially good for relieving stress, tension, fatigue, insomnia, headaches, migraine and sinusitis. It promotes healthy hair and encourages hair growth.
Clients report that the experience is deeply calming and relaxing, leaving them feeling energised and revitalised and better able to communicate.
Combined with Reiki it is a deeply relaxing and rebalancing experience.
What does it involve?
The first part of the session begins with you sitting in a massage chair for treatment gently leaning over the couch for support if desired. A range of movements are used over the neck, shoulder and scalp areas to release tension and increase the flow of oxygen to the muscles and brain.This is followed by an ear and facial massage where the therapist gently stimulates and strokes pressure points. (20 minutes)
Deborah will then ask you to move onto the couch for your reiki treatment. You can have a sheet or blanket if you would like to be covered or feel like you want to snuggle down. By now you will be nicely relaxed and starting to feel any tension melting away. If you want to drop off to sleep, that's fine; just go with how your body is responding.
Reiki is a gentle non invasive, hands on touch therapy which aims to restore your body to health, along with healing emotional traumas and balancing the mind, body and soul. (25 minutes)
You will be left to relax on the couch for a few minutes at the end of treatment to enjoy the energy, by which time we hope you will feel de-stressed, relaxed, and rejuvenated.
What does it cost?
Approx 60 minute session - £40